- August 10, 2020
- Posted by: strategic Engagement
- Category: Jobs, Procurement, Uncategorized
Strategic Engagement, on behalf of her Client, Movit Products Limited one of the leading manufacturers of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in Uganda is sourcing suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of Procurement Manager. Movit Products Limited has had its presence since 1997 dealing in personal care products striving to be the preferred choice of beauty, comfort and care products in every household in Africa by 2030. The company owes her success to her creative, determined, dependable, innovative, and enterprising people.
About the Position
|Job title||Procurement Manager|
|Reports to||Head of Operations Strategy|
|No. of Positions||One (1)|
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the procurement process of planning, Monitoring and coordinating the acquisition of products, services and works that are needed for daily and continuous operation for MPL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies.
- Analyze previous year’s raw material consumption, against current years projected consumption, to ensure the required volumes are planned for purchase;
- Analyze previous year’s price trends, using six (6) months averages, against prevailing international currencies to ensure the right prices are used for the materials budgeted for.
- Compile the quantities and the values as per templates set by the finance department, for submission.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies.
- Review the budget against actual consumptions and values, against actual values to assist in decision making, on adjustments to be made.
- Identify the critical areas of focus and improvement. This is by holding meetings for deliberations with the top management to understand the strategy for the company and also the manner in which the plan is to be submitted.
- Systematically break down the key areas into, objectives, activities, time lines, outcomes and finances required to fulfil the work plan.
- Compile the final work plan into a format that is easily read and understood as required by the top management team, Submission of the work plan physically and orally to the op management team. Sharing of the work plan with the department for awareness and implementation.
- Quarterly review of the work plan, to fast track the achievement of the laid-out objectives.
- Identify areas in the procurement process that do not have laid down guidelines and coming up with the relevant policies and ensure they are embedded in the processes.
- Identify policies that need to be amended /improved in line with the current practices, organization strategy, and external stakeholders/government regulations.
- Document the new policies for review and approval by the top management team and follow up on implementation.
- Seek and identify reliable vendors to provide goods and services as per user specifications, at the most competitive prices, with the aim of getting value for money. Ensuring that we receive at least three quotations per product or service needed.
- Work closely with the legal department to ensure contracts are in place and terms are in favor of the company.
- Control spend and build a culture of long term saving on procurement costs.
- Analyze, vet, negotiate with the vendors as per delivery terms, which include the shipment terms, payment terms, capacity to produce, quantities to be delivered, speed of delivery.
- Approve physical purchase requisitions, quotations, by checking quantities, the pricing, delivery terms, price components, to ensure that they are accurate as agreed by the user or vendor;
- Approve purchase requisition and purchase orders in the system by checking quantities, the pricing, delivery terms, price components, to ensure that they have been posted accurately as agreed by the user or vendor;
- Extract purchase requisition reports to confirm actual orders done and requisitions pending to be actioned upon, on a weekly basis for six directorates;
- Review daily low stock reports on packaging materials, from store department, and updating with the relevant and accurate information to enable stores and production department make the right decision on the production plan;
- Review weekly low stock reports on chemicals from store department, and updating with the relevant and accurate information to enable stores and production department make the right decision on the production plan. The report also gives guidance on making decisions or emergency purchases to be done;
- Review weekly the “goods received notes” report from store department to ensure local purchase orders have been released in the system, sent to vendors and delivery plans given by the vendors;
- Preparation of monthly departmental report highlighting areas of achievement, areas requiring improvement, and submitting to the directorate head, for review and direction;
- Supervise assistant purchasing managers, purchasing officers, and clerks, by checking that they report on duty on time, they are working on assigned duties as per laid down guidelines, organizing for relevant training, and guiding them accordingly;
- Managing staff leaves, by allocating time for leave to each staff in the department and reviewing the leave schedule every month. Reallocation of duties when staff go on leave.
- Executing duties through the Movit Eagle in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by the Immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must hold Master’s degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or any Business-related course from a recognized institution.
- Professional certification in Procurement and Supplies (CIPS) is an added advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in supply Chain Management, three (3) of which at a Manager level in a busy environment;
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP) is an added advantage;
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused;
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their CVs and academic documents to email@example.com NOT later than Sunday 11:59PM, 23rd August 2020.