- June 6, 2020
- Posted by: strategic Engagement
- Category: Dairy, Jobs
Our client (Brookside Dairy Limited) the leading Dairy Company in East Africa has had its presence for over two decades dealing in dairy products; milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, ice-cream and etc. The company owes her success to her creative, determined, dependable and enterprising people and therefore we are sourcing for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Head Milk Procurement as per the requirements below.
|Job title||Head Milk Procurement (South Western Region)|
|Reports to||General Manager|
|Department||Milk Procurement and Extension Services|
The Head Milk Procurement will be responsible for milk procurement, extension, production enhancement activities, planning, organizing & monitoring field operations at the milk collection & bulking centers & transportation to the processing plant and related tasks as per agreed guidelines/provisions according to Brookside Limited policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for milk procurement extension & production enhancement activities.
- Collect & analysis of milk data & planning for increased volumes.
- Plan, organize & monitor field operations at the milk collection & bulking centers and transportation to the processing plant.
- Design motivational programs & incentives to the dairy farmers.
- Monitor the activities of the farmers’ organizations & training them on clean milk production Practices.
- Conduct farmers’ meeting from milk catchment areas in Uganda.
- Prepare weekly, monthly reports and databases as may be required and submitting them to your immediate Mentor.
- Monitor security of company assets at all MCC & BCC in your area of operation.
- Monitor recovery of equipment from un-operational MCC.
- Survey & identifying new potential areas for MCC & BCC.
- Monitor & organize, review meetings at BCC-Company run/out sourced Agency.
- Maintain Suppliers’ data from BCC for Farmers’ payment.
- Implement SOPs at MCC/BCC/Transport level.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years in the field of extension activities while organizing farmers’ groups or societies, training the farmers and supervision of primary societies & etc.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in agriculture with emphasis in animal husbandry or its equivalent or a degree in veterinary science or a degree in dairy husbandry and milk processing from a reputable University.
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and result orientated
- Ability to use initiative and to multi-task.
- Ability to train, organize and coordinate.
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than 11:59PM, 20th June 2020.
Due to large volumes of CVs we receive, we are unable to respond to all the applicants. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.