- June 6, 2020
- Posted by: strategic Engagement
- Category: Dairy, Jobs, Uncategorized
Our client (Brookside Dairy Limited) the leading Dairy Company in East Africa has had its presence for over two decades dealing in dairy products; milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, ice-cream and etc. The company owes her success to her creative, determined, dependable and enterprising people and therefore we are sourcing for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Field Officer as per the requirements below.
|Job title||Field Officer|
|Reports to||Head Milk Procurement (Central Region)|
|Department||Milk Procurement and Extension Service|
The Field Officer will provide assistance to head milk procurement in planning, organizing and coordinating field operations involving milk collection, chilling and transportation to the main milk plant in Kampala and related tasks as per agreed Brookside limited guidelines/provisions reception and storage of only acceptable raw milk with required standards according to Brookside Limited policy.
- Responsible in assisting the Head Milk Procurement in planning, organizing and coordinating field operations involving Milk collection, chilling and transportation to the main milk plant in Kampala.
- Ensure that testing of raw milk, grading, chilling, transportation and maintaining hygienic conditions at the Milk Collection Centers (MCCs) and Bulk Collection Centre (BCC) is conducted in conformity to the ISO Standards.
- Maintain that only raw milk of acceptable ISO quality/company standards is ferried to the bcc & received by the BCC Manager.
- Create and update competitors’ profile clearly highlighting their names, cooler capacities, milk quantities received, price per liter of raw milk paid to farmers and the competitors market for the raw milk they collect on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the / Head Milk Procurement on the sensitization of farmers on Clean Milk Production and Productivity Enhancement besides addressing any technical problems that you may encounter.
- Responsible for the safe custody of the company property and reporting any breakdowns that may occur.
- Control and monitor wastages/losses of milk solids with in bench mark and reconciling on day to day basis the milk purchased and dispatched to the Kampala plant.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of your findings and action taken and submitting the same to your immediate supervisor.
- Coordinate with the / Head Milk Procurement and making sure that milk is lifted from the MCCs/BCC on day to day basis.
- As a representative of Brookside Limited, ensuring harmonious relationship between Brookside Limited, farmers and the general public within your area
- Scout and recommend to the / Head Milk Procurement areas with milk potential for the establishment of new MCCs or pick-up points in your area.
- Work with BCC In-charge/BCC Manager to identify milk tanker routes to be used when lifting milk from the MCCs.
- Monitor capacity utilization of milk coolers by MCCs and report your finding in the weekly reports to your immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that MCCs/BCCs maintain and update all the relevant records that they are expected to keep.
- Maintain that all MCCs prepare and send the invoices for the milk supplied in the period (1 – 15) and (16 – 30/31) to Kampala on the last day of the period.
- Monitor and report on MCC/BCC equipment inefficiency to your immediate supervisor as soon as it has been reported by the MCC.
- Maintain that MCCs receive SAP quality reports from the BCC for all the milk they have supplied to the BCC on a daily basis.
- Maintain that the MCCs/BCCs have adequate stocks of all the necessary consumable requirements and equipment at all times.
- Follow up the Tax, electricity and water bills of the BCC and ensure that they are immediately sent to Kampala for processing of payment.
- Maintain that service charges from outsourced agencies are billed to the company are verified.
- Responsible for supporting the Manager Quality and Extension to mobilize farmers for training, demonstration activities, farmer field days, and supervision of service provision to farmers.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Preferred experience working in food manufacturing industry.
- Experience in field extension work riding a motorbike.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors of Veterinary Medicine or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Dairy Technology will be an added advantage from a recognized Institution.
- Possession of a riding permit.
- Trained in relevant ISO standards.
- Computer Science knowledge/skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than 11:59PM, 3rd July 2020.
Due to large volumes of CVs we receive, we are unable to respond to all the applicants. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted.