- September 9, 2020
- Posted by: strategic Engagement
- Category: Credit, Finance, Jobs, Microfinance
Our client (Goldmine Finance Limited) is one of the fastest growing Microfinance Institution in Uganda. Goldmine Finance Limited has had its presence since 2011 and has supported many businesses through provision of timely credit facilities. Goldmine Finance aims at professionalizing financial solutions, skills and business connections to her target clients such as entrepreneurs, employees, contractors, schools, importers, real estate developers, transporters, service providers, suppliers and others viable through her customized financial services; Logbook loan, Business Loan, Balloon Loan and Emergency Loan. The company owes her success to proactive, relational, responsive, reliable, learners and trustworthy people and therefore we are sourcing for a suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Credit Officers for a competitive reward and continuous learning opportunity as per the requirements below.
|Job title||Credit Officer|
|Reports to||Manager Credit Operations|
|Number of positions||2|
|Interacts/Interfaces with||Clients, Accountants, Securities and Perfection Officer, Admin, Manager Credit Operations.|
The Credit Officer will facilitate lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness and processing documentation. S/he will prepare loan applications, evaluate clients’ financial information, calculating risk ratios, ensure timely loan release and develop and implement sales strategy.
Duties and Responsibility
- Interview and evaluate credit worthiness of applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans, process loan applications and documentation within specified limits in compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to lending guidelines at all times.
- Justify decisions (approvals/ rejections), complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions and report on book in a timely manner.
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and setup payment plans in line with Goldmine Finance credit requirements.
- Establish a mutual communication with clients to ensure efficient and effective business engagement and update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services.
- Conduct credit underwriting process in a manner that builds a trustworthy relationships and enhances customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Assess and identify customer needs and introduce different types of loans customized to suits the clients’ needs.
- Develop business referral networks, suggest alternative channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas.
- Keep up-to-date and safeguard all credit finance documentation with utmost confidentiality.
- Any other duties assigned by line Manager.
- A minimum of two (2) years proven working experience as a Credit Officer from a recognised credit financial institution.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/ software
- Solid understanding of direct / indirect lending products and practices.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, economics or a related field.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/ software.
- Valid driving licence for the appropriate class of driving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer satisfaction focus and sales competencies.
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment.
- Honesty & Integrity.
- Team player and flexible.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency.
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their CVs and academic documents by email to email@example.com NOT later than 11:59PM, Friday 9th October, 2020.