- July 9, 2020
- Posted by: strategic Engagement
- Category: Jobs
Our client (Brookside Dairy Limited) the leading Dairy Company in East Africa has had its presence for over two decades dealing in dairy products; milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, ice-cream and etc. The company owes her success to her creative, determined, dependable and enterprising people and therefore we are sourcing for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Accountant as per the requirements below.
|Job title||Chief Accountant|
|Reports to||General Manager – Finance and Administration|
|Department||Finance and Administration|
The Chief Accountant will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring smooth operations in the finance department. Key duties and responsibilities which include reviewing management accounts and preparation of statutory financial statements and related tasks as per agreed guidelines/provisions.
- Responsible for business accounting, formulation, implementation and maintenance of sound financial policies, procedures, documents and systems to sustain the organization.
- Accountable for effective financial management, timely reporting and cash flow management.
- Responsible for all transactions resulting from payments and receipts are properly recorded in the books of accounts and comply with established principles, corporate standards and procedures.
- Managing the reconciliation of all nominal ledger accounts, creditor’s statements, debtors, payroll, inventory, cash and banks.
- Participates in development of the overall organization budget, in line with business objectives and monitoring of performance.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Responsible for managing the costing system, analyses of manufacturing costs against company standards and general maintenance of product costs.
- Supervision of accounts staff including task allocations.
- Authorise payments and to make sure, are a properly charged
- To enhance revenue collection, manage and control costs
- Authorisation of general journals.
- Responsible for implementing effective internal control systems
- Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, statutory financial statements and other ad-hoc financial reports as may be required by the management.
- To liaise link with internal and external auditors, tax consultants and regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for statutory filings and compliance are done within the stipulated deadlines
- Responsible for providing leadership in the department and staff, for sustained motivation and productivity.
- Deputise the General Manager – Finance and Administration in his absence.
- Supervise both managers: accounts payables and sales accounts and other accounts staff.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of middle to senior Financial Management experience in a busy working environment.
Qualifications and skills
- Job holder must possess a degree in Accounts and Finance with emphasis in financial management backed by disciplines i.e. certified public accountants (CPA (U)) or (K) and association of chartered certified public accountants (ACCA) from a reputable institution.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Ability to use initiative and to multi-task.
- Ability to train, organise and coordinate.
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their CVs and academic documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than 5:00PM, Monday 20th July, 2020.